All GREENGUARD® Indoor Air Quality Certified products have been tested for their chemical emissions performance and can be found in the GREENGUARD® Online Product Guide. All GREENGUARD® Children & Schools Certified products have been tested for their chemical emissions performance according to CA 01350 and can be found in the GREENGUARD® Online Product Guide.
People spend about 90 percent of their time indoors where air pollution levels are typically 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor levels. The primary sources of this pollution are furnishings and building materials as well as everyday activities like cleaning and cooking. These products and activities can release thousands of potentially harmful pollutants, primarily volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respirable particles, into the air. Breathing these pollutants can affect human health and has been linked to a variety of health problems, including allergies, asthma, cardiovascular disease, learning disabilities, reproductive disorders and some forms of cancer.
Indoor air quality is a significant concern because when the hours spent sleeping, working in offices or at school are added up, people on average spend the vast majority of their time indoors where they are repeatedly exposed to indoor air pollutants. In fact, the US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) estimates that the average person receives 72 percent of their chemical exposure at home. This means the very places people consider safest paradoxically exposes them to the greatest amounts of potentially hazardous pollutants.
GREENGUARD® Certified products must meet stringent requirements for chemical emissions and toxicity, and are screened for over 10,000 different chemicals including irritants, carcinogens and reproductive toxins. GREENGUARD® Certified Products also undergo both annual re-certification and quarterly quality monitoring tests to maintain this elite credential. The sound science and independent third-party status that back the GREENGUARD® Certification programs are internationally recognized. Rigorous certification requirements differentiate GREENGUARD® Certified products in the marketplace.
Polycore® and Lexwood® shutters are GREENGUARD® Indoor Air Quality and Children & Schools Certified.
- Polycore® and Lexwood® shutters use only water-based coatings including sealers, primers, paint and top coats which meet all US AQMD requirements with a VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) rating of near zero which exceeds all U.S. health and environmental regulations requirements.
- Polycore® and Lexwood® shutters are energy efficient & environmentally friendly.
- Polycore® and Lexwood® shutter coatings contain no lead additives.
- Polycore® and Lexwood® shutters have an inherently high R-value and are extremely energy efficient, affording significant savings on energy bills.
- Polycore® shutters are a registered California flame resistant product.
- Polycore® shutters are 100% recyclable and can be recycled to produce other PVC products.
- All products and materials in the entire manufacturing and distribution cycle are recycled.
- You can have peace of mind with long lasting, durable and environmentally responsible products from Sunland® Shutters.