Sunland Shutters receives and maintains customer information that will allow us to best support customer accounts, product and service needs. Please see below for details regarding our Privacy Statement. Preserving our customer’s privacy is very important to us.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS COLLECTED?
Personal Data is as any information that either directly or indirectly identifies, relates to, or describes a particular identifiable natural person, or can reasonably be linked to a particular identifiable natural person.
Sunland Shutters may collect personal data that would include but not limited to:
- FULL NAME
- PHONE NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- BILL TO / SHIP TO ADDRESSES
- PAYMENT CARD NUMBER, EXPIRATION DATE, ETC.
- IP ADDRESS
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE USED
· The personal data provided will be used by Sunland Shutters to process your order, whether placed online or direct through a Sunland Shutters branch. It will also allow us to provide follow up, customer service, and inventory management pertaining to your account.
· Website usage information may be collected to aggregate statistical information, enhance system administration or to improve the content of the Site. See Cookies section for further detail.
· The information we collect through our website will help Sunland Shutters improve our Website, expand product ranges and provide better customer service to our customers. Sunland Shutters may use the information collected to notify Website users of any changes, of new product additions, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose.
· Transactional information from companies or individuals that purchase products from our Website may be collected in a database and used by Sunland Shutters to provide follow up products or services to such parties. Such information includes, but is not limited to, shipping information, credit card holder name and card number/expiration date. This information is essential to the performance of online transactions.
· To identify Website user’s location, IP addresses and device identifiers may be used to block disruptive use, illegal cyber activities, and/or to establish Website use analytics for Website improvement.
WITH WHOM WILL SUNLAND SHUTTERS SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
· Sunland Shutters may choose to share information with some specific third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and third party service providers, and with any successor Sunland Shutters interest.
· SUNLAND SHUTTERS WILL NOT GIVE, SELL OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER E-MAIL ADDRESSES MAINTAINED BY THIS WEBSITE TO ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR THE PURPOSE OF INITIATING, OR ENABLING OTHERS TO INITIATE, ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE IN VIOLATION OF TITLE 15, CHAPTER 103 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE.
· Access to your data is limited to Sunland Shutters and is structured in a way to guard you and your personal information.
· Sunland Shutters may disclose information about any Website user in response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to uphold Sunland Shutters’ legal rights and defend against legal claims.
Cookies used by this Website do not contain any personal data. Sunland Shutters cannot identify a customer unless that information is provided voluntarily.
COOKIES WE MAY USE
Essential Cookies - Essential cookies are sometimes called “strictly necessary” as without them, we cannot provide many services that you need on our Website. For example, essential cookies help keep you securely logged into Sunland Shutters.
Performance Cookies – These collect information about which pages visitors go to most often and help us to provide a better user experience, ex. Google Analytics. These are anonymized, personal data is not collected.
HOW TO BLOCK YOUR BROWSER FROM TRACKING COOKIES
The following are the browsers www2.sunlandshutters.com currently supports. Please consult with your IT professionals to disable Cookies in your browser; however, some configurations may limit our Website’s functionality.
· Internet Explorer
· Microsoft Edge
· Google Chrome
DO NOT TRACK (DNT)
· The Sunland Shutters Website does not utilize this feature. DNT is a proposed policy and technology to allow internet users the ability to control the tracking of their online use. As this concept is still being worked on by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) along with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies and regulators, there is not a DNT technology standard to date.
USERS UNDER AGE 18
· If you are a user under age 18, please obtain a parent/guardian’s permission before sharing any personal data on our Website.
HOW LONG WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT?
We will strive to keep your information accurate and up to date and keep it only for as long as is necessary, according to legal retention periods.
In some instances, the law sets the length of time information must to be kept. When possible, Sunland Shutters will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
UPDATES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update our Privacy Statement. We suggest you to review it on occasion, or before submitting personal data in the future. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement.
HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL DATA SUNLAND SHUTTERS HOLDS ABOUT ME?
To receive a list of what personal data/information is being processed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the request along with proof of identity. A copy of the personal data will be provided within 30 business days from the date of receipt of the request email, depending on whether or not additional information will be required to securely identify the data subject.
DELETING PERSONAL DATA
You have the Right to Erasure (‘Right to be Forgotten’), Art. 17 GDPR, and thus have your data removed from our database, excluding circumstances where Sunland Shutters is required to retain this to meet our legal obligations as a business and proof of transactions. To have your personal data removed from our database, please email your request to email@example.com .
Version Updated 01/01/2023